- 1.5 kg stewing lamb chunks
- 500 g diced potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1/4 green cabbage
- 2 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tbs garlic
- 2 tbs vegeta vegetable stock powder
- 1 tbs pepper
- water to cover
- Cut into chunks the carrots, potatoes, cabbage and leeks.
- Add into the slow cooker the lamb, vegetable stock, garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Fill with water until it covers all the ingredients.
- Cook in low heat for 8-10 hrs or high heat for 4-5 hrs until meat is falling apart.
- Then serve with Soda bread.
- 170 g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 170 g plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 290 ml buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a bowl, add in both flours and bicarbonate soda.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk.
- Mix it together until it forms a wet dough that holds together.
- Form into a ball and place onto a lined tray.
- Add a cross into the top of the bread.
- Bake for 30 mins or until it has a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.