Educator name: Patrice Lewis
Centre name: Red Apple ELC Vermont
How many years of experience: 38 Years
How many years at Red Apple: 9 years
1. What do you like best about working at Red Apple?
Red Apple philosophy fits well with my personal valves. The strong commitment to supporting every educator to thrive to be the best they can be, in such a way that leads to improved outcomes for the children enrolled at the centre. I love the community feel that a small centre can deliver and the wonderful relationships we have with our families.
2. How is your education program different from other early learning centres?
We enjoy supporting the children to feel part of the community, with Bush kinder, play in the parks, visiting an Aged Care home or off to places such as Museum, Zoo, puffing Billy or Nunawading library.
3. What is your favourite activity to do with the children?
I am passionate about collaborative projects and supporting literacy and I love nothing better than sharing my love of books with the children in a cozy space in the garden or working on a collaborative art piece or sustainability project.
4. Why did you choose to be an early learning educator?
I started my career as a dental assistant, but I decided to enroll in a full -time course in childcare and pursue my desire to work with children following volunteering with a school holiday program in Fitzroy Gardens.
5. What are your interests outside of the early learning centre? Do you bring any of that into how you teach the children?
Outside of work hours I enjoy Swimming, family outings, craft projects, Bush walks.