Educator name: Josephine Di Falco
Centre name: Red Apple ELC Balwyn/ Vermont
How many years of experience? Too many, 37
How many years at Red Apple? 11 years
1. What do you like best about working at Red Apple?
I love the family feel at both centres. The staff, children and families at both centres are so friendly and I love that we get to have such a positive influence on these children at such an important time of their development.
2. How is your education program different from other early learning centres?
All of our staff with the input from families have an important part in educating all the children at the centres. Our educators are very experienced and have been at Red Apple for a long time which makes the children feel secure so that when they enter the centre each day they have a familiar face to greet them.
3. What is your favourite activity to do with the children?
Reading stories with the children as I love to see their imagination blossom. And I believe reading to children is one of the most important things you can do for children’s development.
4. Why did you choose to be an early learning educator?
I always knew from a young age that I wanted to work with children, I am happy when I am around young children and how great is that to be at work and be happy most of the time.
5. What are your interests outside of the early learning centre? Do you bring any of that into how you teach the children?
I love reading, gardening and spending time with family and friends. I am very interested in the environment and living a low tox life. I enjoy doing gardening with the children and love to see their excitement when we have fresh fruit and vegetables to pick. I am excited that we are in a time when children are learning to look after the world that we live in.