Educator name: Miriam Miranda
Centre name: Red Apple ELC Balwyn
How many years of experience: 11 Years
How many years at Red Apple: 11 years
1. What do you like best about working at Red Apple?
My colleagues and the children. I feel very grateful because coming to work means going into an environment of love, mutual support and close relationships among staff.
2. How is your education program different from other early learning centres?
We encourage and support the inclusion of cultural diversity through celebrations from different parts of the world.
3. What is your favourite activity to do with the children?
I love teaching the children aspects of my culture with traditional music and dancing. When I worked with older children I taught them Spanish songs and numbers from 1 to 10.
4. Why did you choose to be an early learning educator?
I chose to be an ECL to influence and shape the lives of young children. I also love the fact that I can contribute in positive ways to their emotional well-being.
5. What are your interests outside of the early learning centre? Do you bring any of that into how you teach the children?
Watching movies, outdoor activities such as walks & hiking. Yes, I bring my passion for music and dancing.