Educator name: Rebecca Dunning
Centre name: Red Apple Balwyn
How many years of experience: 20 Years
How many years at Red Apple: 3 Months
1. What do you like best about working at Red Apple?
The team atmosphere and supportive management
2. How is your education program different from other early learning centres?
We use PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) to support all children’s learning. These are like flash cards and are often used to communicate with children with special needs.
3. What is your favourite activity to do with the children?
Singing, reading, dancing small group activities, playing outside.
4. Why did you choose to be an early learning educator?
I have always had a great connection with children. After some voluntary work as a Prep support teacher I decided to become an Early Childhood teacher.
5. What are your interests outside of the early learning centre? Do you bring any of that into how you teach the children?
Outside of work I enjoy skiing, swimming, bush walks, gardening. I love gardening with the children at the centre.