Educator name: Esther Sun
Centre name: Red Apple ELC Balwyn
How many years of experience: 7 Years
How many years at Red Apple: 6 years
1. What do you like best about working at Red Apple?
Firstly, Red Apple has a good reputation and ranking in the education system; secondly, the management has a wealth of educational experience, and provides support and assistance to employees in their work and life. Lastly, every educator in Red apple has many years of work experience, and everyone cooperates with each other and it feels like a family.
2. How is your education program different from other early learning centres?
We focus on multicultural education and celebrate many festivals from around the world with our children as much as possible.
At Red Apple, they have a huge focus on children learning more about the world around them, including learning more about their local communities. One way they do this is through many incursions and excursions.
3. What is your favourite activity to do with the children?
I like to encourage the children to participate in scientific experiments, which provide the children with a more hands on experience.
I also like to sing and dance with the children. I believe music helps children feel comfortable and more settled. Plus, it can be a lot of fun moving and dancing around to music.
4. Why did you choose to be an early learning educator?
I like to spend time with children and I appreciate and admire their innocence.
5. What are your interests outside of the early learning centre? Do you bring any of that into how you teach the children?
I like Chinese culture; I like reading and music. I enjoy sharing my knowledge about Chinese culture through music and celebrating Festivals.