Bush Kinder Program
Bush kinder is an important part of our education program. The children are taken to local parks or nature reserves where they can immerse themselves in the lessons nature offers. From climbing trees to learning about wildlife, the children learn unique skills beyond the classroom.
Bush kinder provides many benefits:
- Children learn to love and respect the natural environment.
- Children can learn science and maths in new ways such as building a canoe from wood or using gumnuts as counters.
- Outdoor activities such as bushwalking or hiking build resilience.
- Children learn firsthand about wildlife, insects, birds and plants.
- Children learn to be inventive and creative by using the tools that nature provides.
- Being in the peaceful surroundings of nature can be calming and help regulate emotion.