- 250g unsalted butter
- 2 cups honey
- 2¼ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cornflakes, lightly crushed
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- Preheat oven to moderately slow 160°C. Brush a shallow 25cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine butter and honey in a small pan. Stir over low heat until butter has melted. Remove from heat
- In a mixing bowl, add oats, coconut, cornflakes, almonds spice and mixed fruit, stir. Then, make a well in the center and pour butter and honey mixture into dry ingredients. Mix well until combined.
- Press mixture firmly into cake tin. Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden. Set aside to stand in pan for at least 15 minutes before turning muesli out onto a board to cook. Cut into bars.