- 500g self-raising wholemeal flour
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 250g soften butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 250g frozen blackberries
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Heat berries over high heat with lemon juice until bubbling. Then, add in chia seeds and stir for 2 mins. Turn heat off and leave on the stove to continue cooking.
- In a bowl, add in softened butter, honey, vanilla extract, orange zest and juice. Cream together and mix in chia seeds mixture and flour until combined.
- Prepare a lined baking tray. Mould dough to 1 tbs-sized balls and press the center with your thumb to make a depression. Top with a frozen blackberry on each cookie.
- Bake at 160°C for 12-15 mins, until the base is browned and the cookie is still soft, but firm to touch.