- 4 overripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup oil of choice
- 1kg self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 cup date purée or honey maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1-2 cups water
For bread topping (optional):
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 bananas
- Mash bananas add in oil, dates, vanilla extract, chia seeds and 1 cup water. Mix to combine. Then, add in the flour and more water if needed. You may need to add more depending on the consistency.
- Once mixed, split batter into half and pour into two separate lined loaf tins.
- Top with a sprinkle of oats and add sliced bananas (optional).
- Bake at 180°C for 25-35 mins or until fully cooked. Test bread with a small knife, if the knife comes out clean, then the bread is ready.
*Recipe makes two loaves. Half the recipe to make one loaf.
Replace mashed banana with 2 cups of apple, pumpkin, sweet potato, pear or carrot purée. Or, use coconut oil in place of regular cooking oil.